Alexa Translations: Virtual CPD Presentation
Time & Location
About the Event
The session is approved for 1 professionalism hour of CPD
Please join this informative webinar to learn:
- Most common challenges in working with documents from foreign jurisdictions.
- Do-s and don’t-s in dealing with translations.
- Best practices in choosing qualified professionals to handle your translation needs.
- Understanding the cultural perspective and its importance in client interactions.
- Case law in Canada and the US addressing translation concerns.
- Privacy, confidentiality and compliance considerations when managing translations.
- Feel free to share this invitation with others in your organization.
Speaker: Gary Kalaci, BSc, JD, MBA
Gary has a Bachelor of Science and a combined JD and MBA degree from the University of Windsor. He is an entrepreneur with over 20 years of experience, the CEO and founder of Alexa Translations, an international translations’ company, as well as Alexa Translations AI, an artificial intelligence machine translation company.
He is a lawyer, licensed by the Law Society of Ontario and has also taught the MBA course “Dynamics of Business Negotiations” as a sessional professor. As the recipient of the Toronto Board of Trade Business Excellence Award, the Windsor-Essex Chamber of Commerce’s Rising Star Award, the Thérèse Casgrain Volunteer Award and the University of Windsor’s Alumni Association Odyssey Award, his work as an entrepreneurial leader and as an active professional in the community has been recognized by a variety of organizations.
Gary has consulted, managed translations, and cultural consulting projects for a variety of clients including major international law firms, financial institutions, government organizations and Fortune 500 companies. He currently sits on the Board of Directors of Junior Achievement Canada, the Board of Directors of Junior Achievement Americas, and is the founder and chair of Golden Future - South Africa. He is the former President of Eastern Canada for the Legal Marketing Association and previously sat on the board of directors of the University of Windsor, United Way, the AIDS Committee, as well as the section executive of the Canadian Corporate Counsel Association.